Second Lawsuit In Just Days Against “The Encore At Boca Raton.”
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — “The Encore at Boca Raton” Nursing and Rehabilitation center is facing its second lawsuit in days, this time from a family that claims untrained and unsupervised workers let a patient starve to death.
We reported earlier this week on a lawsuit claiming that “The Encore” had no effective COVID plan, leading to the COVID deaths of 48 residents — the third highest death count of any assisted living facility in the State of Florida.
Now, a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court claims that “The Encore at Boca Raton” staffers let Rose Pohl, a resident, die due to a lack of supervision, training and apparently employee competence.
From the lawsuit: “(The Encore at Boca Raton) failed to monitor Rose Pohl, and recognize significant signs and symptoms of change in her health condition, such as suffering the deterioration of respiratory failure and suffering the development and deterioration of malnutrition and dehydration.”
The lawsuit also alleges that The Encore failed to keep accurate records, failed to notify the family and physicians of “significant changes” to Ms. Pohl’s health condition, failed to properly supervise staff, failed to properly train staff, failed to have enough staff, failed to follow physician orders, failed to properly chart Ms. Pohl’s medical information, and inexplicably failed to transfer Ms. Pohl to a hospital as her condition worsened.
Rose Pohl died on May 6th, 2020 in the The Encore at 7300 Del Prado Circle South in Boca Raton.
Read the complete lawsuit, below. If it does not appear, access the complete document here. The suit was filed by the law firm of Ford, Dean and Rotundo in North Miami Beach.The-Encore-Pohl
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida