Second Lawsuit In Just Days Against “The Encore At Boca Raton.”
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — “The Encore at Boca Raton” Nursing and Rehabilitation center is facing its second lawsuit in days, this time from a family that claims untrained and unsupervised workers let a patient starve to death.
We reported earlier this week on a lawsuit claiming that “The Encore” had no effective COVID plan, leading to the COVID deaths of 48 residents — the third highest death count of any assisted living facility in the State of Florida.
Now, a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court claims that “The Encore at Boca Raton” staffers let Rose Pohl, a resident, die due to a lack of supervision, training and apparently employee competence.
From the lawsuit: “(The Encore at Boca Raton) failed to monitor Rose Pohl, and recognize significant signs and symptoms of change in her health condition, such as suffering the deterioration of respiratory failure and suffering the development and deterioration of malnutrition and dehydration.”
The lawsuit also alleges that The Encore failed to keep accurate records, failed to notify the family and physicians of “significant changes” to Ms. Pohl’s health condition, failed to properly supervise staff, failed to properly train staff, failed to have enough staff, failed to follow physician orders, failed to properly chart Ms. Pohl’s medical information, and inexplicably failed to transfer Ms. Pohl to a hospital as her condition worsened.
Rose Pohl died on May 6th, 2020 in the The Encore at 7300 Del Prado Circle South in Boca Raton.
Read the complete lawsuit, below. If it does not appear, access the complete document here. The suit was filed by the law firm of Ford, Dean and Rotundo in North Miami Beach.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot