BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 5:15 p.m., use this to access the complete story.
UPDATE: 4:09 p.m: SUSPECT IN CUSTODY.
UPDATE: 3:53 p.m. the scene is still active, per Boca Raton Police.
UPDATE: 3:08 p.m. from Boca Raton Police: Armed male shot several rounds from an apartment balcony at Allure Apartments. Police continue to ask people to avoid the area. Anyone in the area is asked to shelter in place. No report of anyone in custody yet.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — BREAKING AT 2:49 p.m. Boca Raton Police report shots fired at — or in the area of — 6780 Congress Avenue.
Police are on scene and have issued a “shelter in place” order.
6780 Congress is the Allure Apartment Complex.
Check back for updates. There are no immediate reports of injuries. No suspect is in custody. Police are asking anyone who can not shelter in place to avoid the area.
This is a developing story.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Water Rescue In Boynton Beach Inlet
- UPDATE: BOCA RATON MAN HOLDS THERAPIST HOSTAGE, ASSAULTS
- Palm Beach County House Sales Plummet
- SHOT IN HEAD: This Is The Boca Raton Man Cops Shot During Rescue
- MANDATORY ID CARDS PROPOSED FOR PRE-K, HIGHER, IN PALM BEACH SCHOOLS
- BOCA BRIDGES LAWSUIT: Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes Contractor
- CLAIM: Man Physically, Mentally Abused At Manor Care Delray Beach
- DUI Arrest For Boca Raton Woman, 64
- AMBER ALERT: PALM BEACH COUNTY GIRL MISSING