BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 5:15 p.m., use this to access the complete story.
UPDATE: 4:09 p.m: SUSPECT IN CUSTODY.
UPDATE: 3:53 p.m. the scene is still active, per Boca Raton Police.
UPDATE: 3:08 p.m. from Boca Raton Police: Armed male shot several rounds from an apartment balcony at Allure Apartments. Police continue to ask people to avoid the area. Anyone in the area is asked to shelter in place. No report of anyone in custody yet.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — BREAKING AT 2:49 p.m. Boca Raton Police report shots fired at — or in the area of — 6780 Congress Avenue.
Police are on scene and have issued a “shelter in place” order.
6780 Congress is the Allure Apartment Complex.
Check back for updates. There are no immediate reports of injuries. No suspect is in custody. Police are asking anyone who can not shelter in place to avoid the area.
This is a developing story.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?