BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID situation is bad and getting worse, as what may be another wave is engulfing the sunshine state.
We reported Friday on numbers released by the Centers for Disease Control. While those numbers are tabulated daily, the State of Florida continues to release official numbers just weekly. Those numbers paint the picture of a deteriorating situation.
The number of people testing positive for COVID-19 has soared over the past several weeks, with 45,603 new positive tests for the week of July 9th. The week of July 2nd brought 23,562 positive test. The week of June 25th brought 15,998. The week of June 18th brought 11,800. That means cases have quadrupled in four weeks.
The positivity rate state-wide is now 11.5 percent. That, too, is nearly four times what it was for the week of June 18th, when the official positivity rate was 3.8 percent.
The number of people receiving vaccines is down, with 804,732 thousand people receiving the vaccine in Florida for the week of May 7th, but just 224,326 for the week of July 9th. Of those eligible for the vaccine, just 59 percent in Florida are vaccinated.
A total of 38,388 people have died in Florida from COVID-19. The CDC reports the moving 7 day death average is 32, meaning approximately 224 people have died in Florida, from COVID-19, over the past 7 days.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores