BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Hospital Association just released data showing that 15,740 adults are now hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19. The HHS CDC just reported its numbers late Saturday evening. The Florida Hospital Association says its numbers come from roughly 200 member hospitals in the sunshine state.
The FHA is a non-profit organization.
As of Friday, FHA reported that 14.9 percent of the total number of adults hospitalized with COVID-19 were on ventilators. That number has held constant for several days. Assuming the percentage is similar today — and there is no indication that anything has changed — roughly 2,345 adults are currently on ventilators in Florida hospitals for COVID-19.
The FHA also said Saturday that nearly half of all ICU patients are being treated with COVID-19 (49.3 percent) and that just under a third of all patients in a Florida hospital are being treated for COVID-19 (32.1 percent).
The chart, above, shows the difference between today (red line) and one year ago today (blue line). Medical professionals continue to stress the importance of the COVID-19 vaccine, and how the Delta Variant is seemingly more dangerous than the COVID-19 strain experienced last year.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify
- BOYNTON BEACH BODY: Police Charge Delray Man With Murder
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- TRAVEL: Fewer Delays, Cancelations So Far At South Florida Airports
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately