BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Hospital Association just released data showing that 15,740 adults are now hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19. The HHS CDC just reported its numbers late Saturday evening. The Florida Hospital Association says its numbers come from roughly 200 member hospitals in the sunshine state.
The FHA is a non-profit organization.
As of Friday, FHA reported that 14.9 percent of the total number of adults hospitalized with COVID-19 were on ventilators. That number has held constant for several days. Assuming the percentage is similar today — and there is no indication that anything has changed — roughly 2,345 adults are currently on ventilators in Florida hospitals for COVID-19.
The FHA also said Saturday that nearly half of all ICU patients are being treated with COVID-19 (49.3 percent) and that just under a third of all patients in a Florida hospital are being treated for COVID-19 (32.1 percent).
The chart, above, shows the difference between today (red line) and one year ago today (blue line). Medical professionals continue to stress the importance of the COVID-19 vaccine, and how the Delta Variant is seemingly more dangerous than the COVID-19 strain experienced last year.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center