BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton resident Christopher Gallon is facing two negligent manslaughter charges and a DUI charge, apparently connected to a fatal crash that occurred on August 1st.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested Gallon, 24, Tuesday morning.
As we previously reported, Gallon is accused of causing a fatal crash at the intersection of Camino Del Mar and Palm D Oro Road in Boca Raton.
From the original police report:
“Christopher Gallon was heading south on Camino Del Sol approaching the intersection of Palm D Oro Road, at a high rate of speed. David Hernandez was a passenger in the car — A Toyota Corolla.
As the Corolla approached the intersection, the driver of a Nissan Rogue started to turn left from Palm D Oro Road. Gallon, driving the Corolla, struck the front left of the Rogue which forced the Corolla onto a grassy median. Once on the median, the Corolla started to skid, causing it to flip onto its roof.
Passenger David Hernandez, 21, of Buena Vista Court, was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead at Delray Medical Center.”
It often takes several months for a traffic homicide investigation to be completed. It was not immediately clear why two negligent manslaughter charges were filed — we expect a complete report from PBSO later Wednesday.
Gallon, who lives in the 20800 block of Sonrisa Way in Boca Raton, is now being held without bond.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified