BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton resident Christopher Gallon is facing two negligent manslaughter charges and a DUI charge, apparently connected to a fatal crash that occurred on August 1st.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested Gallon, 24, Tuesday morning.
As we previously reported, Gallon is accused of causing a fatal crash at the intersection of Camino Del Mar and Palm D Oro Road in Boca Raton.
From the original police report:
“Christopher Gallon was heading south on Camino Del Sol approaching the intersection of Palm D Oro Road, at a high rate of speed. David Hernandez was a passenger in the car — A Toyota Corolla.
As the Corolla approached the intersection, the driver of a Nissan Rogue started to turn left from Palm D Oro Road. Gallon, driving the Corolla, struck the front left of the Rogue which forced the Corolla onto a grassy median. Once on the median, the Corolla started to skid, causing it to flip onto its roof.
Passenger David Hernandez, 21, of Buena Vista Court, was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead at Delray Medical Center.”
It often takes several months for a traffic homicide investigation to be completed. It was not immediately clear why two negligent manslaughter charges were filed — we expect a complete report from PBSO later Wednesday.
Gallon, who lives in the 20800 block of Sonrisa Way in Boca Raton, is now being held without bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DISCONNECT: AT&T Claimed Our Outage Reporting Was Fake News, But Why?
- CANCER: MedExpress Sued For Allegedly Misdiagnosing Local Woman
- Police Seek Fast Food Armed Robbery Suspect
- EXCLUSIVE: Palm Beach Firefighter Who Flipped Truck In Boca Raton Hit Tree In 2020
- SIRENS: Delirium At Target, Traumatic Injury At WalMart, Choking In Canyon Isles
- MASSIVE AT&T INTERNET OUTAGE IN WEST BOCA, WEST DELRAY
- DO YOU KNOW HER? Boynton Police Ask For Help Identifying Woman, Finding Her Home
- Kinsa Says Palm Beach County Still Looking Good For COVID-19
- BREAKING NEWS: DELRAY CITY WORKER STUCK IN WELL