BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton resident Christopher Gallon is facing two negligent manslaughter charges and a DUI charge, apparently connected to a fatal crash that occurred on August 1st.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested Gallon, 24, Tuesday morning.
As we previously reported, Gallon is accused of causing a fatal crash at the intersection of Camino Del Mar and Palm D Oro Road in Boca Raton.
From the original police report:
“Christopher Gallon was heading south on Camino Del Sol approaching the intersection of Palm D Oro Road, at a high rate of speed. David Hernandez was a passenger in the car — A Toyota Corolla.
As the Corolla approached the intersection, the driver of a Nissan Rogue started to turn left from Palm D Oro Road. Gallon, driving the Corolla, struck the front left of the Rogue which forced the Corolla onto a grassy median. Once on the median, the Corolla started to skid, causing it to flip onto its roof.
Passenger David Hernandez, 21, of Buena Vista Court, was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead at Delray Medical Center.”
It often takes several months for a traffic homicide investigation to be completed. It was not immediately clear why two negligent manslaughter charges were filed — we expect a complete report from PBSO later Wednesday.
Gallon, who lives in the 20800 block of Sonrisa Way in Boca Raton, is now being held without bond.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Agatha, Near Mexico, May Be One To Watch
- TRAVEL: Flight Delays, Cancellations Mount In South Florida
- Worker Falls On Patient At Boca Regional Hospital, Claims Suit
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal