BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: Read the Sunday Morning Update Here.
UPDATED: 2 p.m. Saturday.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — And just like that. A day after the National Weather Service says a slow start to the hurricane season doesn’t mean a quiet hurricane season, there is now a tropical wave expected to roll off the coast of Africa this weekend. While still a great distance from South Florida, it’s a reminder that hurricane plans should be in place.
As we’ve reminded readers over the past several days, Hurricane Andrew was the first named storm of 1992. It struck South Florida on August 16th and left more than 60 people dead. A “late” start to the season is merely that. A late start. Any system can be “the big one.”
This is the Saturday afternoon update from the National Hurricane Center: Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 PM EDT Sat Aug 6 2022. For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Eastern Tropical Atlantic: A tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa tonight and early Sunday. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development of this system while it moves westward to west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph across the eastern and central tropical Atlantic during the early to middle part of next week. * Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…30 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BOCA RUDETON: Why Is This Car Parked In A Spot Reserved For Car Charging?
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY CLOSED: SERIOUS CRASH, OVERTURNED CAR
- SCHOOL BUS CRASH: Car Slams Into Rear Of School Bus, Is Dragged Over Train Tracks
- Tesla Burns On I-95 In Delray Beach
- School Starts Today In Palm Beach County, Police Ticketing
- Electric Car On Fire On I-95, Traffic Slowed At Linton
- Audi Strikes, Kills Woman In North Broward County
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Wave Unlikely To Become Threat To South Florida
- Brightline Train Kills Another, This Time In Lake Worth Beach