“The Boca Resort” Is Now Known As “The Boca Raton.” But Even The Court System Doesn’t Embrace Name.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Pennsylvania man is in the Palm Beach County Jail Monday afternoon after apparently engaging in a physical altercation with a security guard at “The Boca Raton.” That man was arrested and is now banned from having any contact with the property.
Daniel Conti of Brooksville, Pennsylvania, according to initial court records reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, got into a physical altercation with a licensed security guard at the hotel — which even the court system still refers to as “The Boca Resort.” Whatever you call it, Conti isn’t allowed to call it all. He was arrested by Boca Raton Police early Monday morning and booked into jail at 3:28 a.m. He remained locked up just before noon on Monday.
While the affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed, we do know that Conti is prohibited from consuming alcohol while he awaits a court appearance in February. Bond was set at $1500.
As for the hotel itself, The Boca Resort has been operating as “The Boca Raton” for roughly a year, and it seems that universally the name change just isn’t being embraced. Even the judge in this case continues to use the property’s old — and beloved — name. Like many, we mocked the name change when it was first announced.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000