BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) –Boca Police are on the hunt for someone who is apparently not the swiftest bank robber to ever work the area — considering you can see him smiling for the camera as he attempted to rob the Chase Bank on North Federal Highway. Investigators have just released this alert:
On Monday, February 20, at just after 1:00 in the afternoon, Boca Raton Police officers responded to an attempted bank robbery that occurred at a branch of Chase Bank, 3901 North Federal Highway.
A male entered the bank and asked the teller to give him a $5.00 bill for five $1.00 bills. When the teller looked up, the suspect was holding a handwritten note which stated, “Give me $40,000, no dye pack and no alarm.” As the teller glanced to her left, the suspect said “you pulled the alarm.” He ran out of the bank through the north door, without any cash.
This suspect may be responsible for other similar crimes in Boca Raton and throughout the South Florida area. If anyone has information about this incident, they are asked to call Detective Elizabeth Roberts at (561) 620-6135 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Driver Allegedly Responsible For Killing Six In Delray Crash Cited In May By Police
- FLIGHT CANCELLED: Airlines Cancelling Flights Into, Out Of Florida
- New COVID Problems In Palm Beach County Schools
- KEEP YOUR PETS WARM: Palm Beach County Issues Guide For Pending Chill
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…