BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman identified as a nursing professor at Florida Atlantic University is suing the campus book store — run by Barnes and Noble — after she allegedly tripped on a shelf that was allegedly placed incorrectly. (This is the book store ON the FAU campus, not the Barnes and Noble directly across the street on Glades Road near Whole Foods).
According to the suit, Charlotte Barry, “the defendant, (Barnes and Noble) … breached said duty of care owed to Plaintiff Charlotte Barry, by committing the following negligent act: in creating a dangerous and or hazardous condition, failing to remedy a dangerous and or hazardous condition it know or should have known existed, failing to properly maintain the subject property in a safe condition, failing to warn the Plaintiff of the dangerous and or hazardous condition, failing to adequately, properly and sufficiently inspect the subject premises for the existence of such dangerous/hazardous conditions, (and) in allowing a low level, bare end-cap shelve to stick out into the walking area isle in a dangerous manner, as to cause a tripping hazard to its customers/invitees, such as Plaintiff Charlotte Barry.
The suit seeks in excess of the circuit court minimum of $15,000.
Read the complete suit below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW