BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman identified as a nursing professor at Florida Atlantic University is suing the campus book store — run by Barnes and Noble — after she allegedly tripped on a shelf that was allegedly placed incorrectly. (This is the book store ON the FAU campus, not the Barnes and Noble directly across the street on Glades Road near Whole Foods).
According to the suit, Charlotte Barry, “the defendant, (Barnes and Noble) … breached said duty of care owed to Plaintiff Charlotte Barry, by committing the following negligent act: in creating a dangerous and or hazardous condition, failing to remedy a dangerous and or hazardous condition it know or should have known existed, failing to properly maintain the subject property in a safe condition, failing to warn the Plaintiff of the dangerous and or hazardous condition, failing to adequately, properly and sufficiently inspect the subject premises for the existence of such dangerous/hazardous conditions, (and) in allowing a low level, bare end-cap shelve to stick out into the walking area isle in a dangerous manner, as to cause a tripping hazard to its customers/invitees, such as Plaintiff Charlotte Barry.
The suit seeks in excess of the circuit court minimum of $15,000.
Read the complete suit below.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees