BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman identified as a nursing professor at Florida Atlantic University is suing the campus book store — run by Barnes and Noble — after she allegedly tripped on a shelf that was allegedly placed incorrectly. (This is the book store ON the FAU campus, not the Barnes and Noble directly across the street on Glades Road near Whole Foods).
According to the suit, Charlotte Barry, “the defendant, (Barnes and Noble) … breached said duty of care owed to Plaintiff Charlotte Barry, by committing the following negligent act: in creating a dangerous and or hazardous condition, failing to remedy a dangerous and or hazardous condition it know or should have known existed, failing to properly maintain the subject property in a safe condition, failing to warn the Plaintiff of the dangerous and or hazardous condition, failing to adequately, properly and sufficiently inspect the subject premises for the existence of such dangerous/hazardous conditions, (and) in allowing a low level, bare end-cap shelve to stick out into the walking area isle in a dangerous manner, as to cause a tripping hazard to its customers/invitees, such as Plaintiff Charlotte Barry.
The suit seeks in excess of the circuit court minimum of $15,000.
Read the complete suit below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach