BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman identified as a nursing professor at Florida Atlantic University is suing the campus book store — run by Barnes and Noble — after she allegedly tripped on a shelf that was allegedly placed incorrectly. (This is the book store ON the FAU campus, not the Barnes and Noble directly across the street on Glades Road near Whole Foods).
According to the suit, Charlotte Barry, “the defendant, (Barnes and Noble) … breached said duty of care owed to Plaintiff Charlotte Barry, by committing the following negligent act: in creating a dangerous and or hazardous condition, failing to remedy a dangerous and or hazardous condition it know or should have known existed, failing to properly maintain the subject property in a safe condition, failing to warn the Plaintiff of the dangerous and or hazardous condition, failing to adequately, properly and sufficiently inspect the subject premises for the existence of such dangerous/hazardous conditions, (and) in allowing a low level, bare end-cap shelve to stick out into the walking area isle in a dangerous manner, as to cause a tripping hazard to its customers/invitees, such as Plaintiff Charlotte Barry.
The suit seeks in excess of the circuit court minimum of $15,000.
Read the complete suit below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail