Office Of Equal Opportunity Reviews Housing Discrimination Claim
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The multi-year battle between an elderly woman, her son, and the Mizner Country Club has taken a new turn.
Palm Beach County’s Office of Equal Opportunity has accepted a housing discrimination complaint and has ordered club GM Larry Savvides to comply with investigators.
As we have reported off and on for the past few years, the battle involves questions over whether the club can legally ban the homeowner’s adult son. In this round, Palm Beach County at least appears to be interested in the claims made by homeowner Joan Schiff.
Read the entire filing, above.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”