The Doom And Gloom Is Warranted. The Rebekah Jones Numbers Are Numbers Florida DOH Doesn’t Want You To See
STATE: 73,552 CASES IN FLORIDA JONES: 81,269 CASES IN FLORIDA
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The latest report from Rebekah Jones, the fired State of Florida data scientist who refused to suppress numbers, paints a vastly different picture of the COVID-19 crisis in Florida than the state’s Department of Health.
By the numbers on Saturday: The Florida Dept. of Health is officially reporting 73,552 infections with 2,925 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the State of Florida is reporting 8,442 cases with 425 deaths.
The Jones report, which utilizes realtime data, hospitalizations and ICU capacity that the State of Florida apparently didn’t want released, shows 81,269 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 3,016 deaths. Jones reports 9,578 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County and she offers statistical information that Florida has been slow to release: 23 percent of those infected were admitted to an ER and of all those admitted, 31 percent died. Jones puts Palm Beach County’s death count at 438 — ahead of the official state number.
There have been 5,374 NEW cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Palm Beach County over the past six weeks, according to Jones.
Jones also reports data that Florida will not. There are currently 1,570 available ICU beds in the State of Florida.
At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, 13 adult ICU beds are available as well as 4 isolation beds.
At Delray Medical Center, 18 adult ICU bends are available with NO pediatric ICU beds and NO isolation beds.
At West Boca Medical Center, 4 adult ICU beds are available, 5 pediatric ICU beds and 8 isolation beds.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach