PLAINTIFF INJURED, ALLEGEDLY, AFTER TRIPPING OVER POORLY PLACED BIKE.
CLAIMS ONE OF MANY INJURED AT BOCA LOCATION.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A just-filed lawsuit in Palm Beach County circuit court alleges that management at LA Fitness on Baracasa Way in Boca Raton knew that exercise equipment was positioned dangerously in the gym but did nothing about it.
The result: a man fell and was critically injured.
“On February 24, 2020, Plaintiff, a membership holder at the premises, intended to utilize a Life Cycle stationary machine when he tripped and fell over a dark, raised threshold that blended with the base of the exercise equipment and the floor. On February 24, 2020, Defendant had knowledge that there were multiple similar incidents in the months that preceded Plaintiff’s injuries.”
On February 24, 2020, Plaintiff, a membership holder at the premises, intended to utilize a Life Cycle stationary machine when he tripped and fell over a dark, raised threshold that blended with the base of the exercise equipment
Claims the suit:
“As a result of LA FITNESS’ failure to properly maintain the premises and/or warn him of a hidden danger, Plaintiff suffered permanent bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, scarring, aggravation of a previously existing condition, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life in the past and in the future, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment in the past and in the future, loss of earnings and loss of ability to earn money in the past and in the future.”
No immediate response from LA Fitness was filed with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint