Child May Have Been Used As Decoy. High Priced Pup Still Missing From West Boca Pet Store. New Surveillance Photos.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says the heinous theft of a $7,000 Chihuahua from the pet store at 9858 Clint Moore Road — in the Reserve Shopping Center — may have involved a child being used as a decoy.
We first reported on the theft late Tuesday night. Police say it happened just before Halloween. PBSO issued this update:
“The female in the white blouse placed Rosie in her bag while the other female concealed the activity. The male in the yellowish shirt remained outside but was clearly there with the suspects. A small boy accompanied the suspects and may be the child of the female in the black blouse. The suspects arrived in a maroon 2021-2022 Chrysler Pacifica.”
Here is the original advisory:
Deputies responded to a theft of 12 week old female Chihuahua. Upon arrival deputies learned that a family of four entered Puppy Buddy Pet Store caused a distraction while an adult female reached into a puppy pen and snatched the 12 week old female Chihuahua named Rosie and concealed her in her purse. The family then walked out of the store passing all points of sale. Puppy Buddy Pet Store suffered a loss of $ 7000.
Anyone that can identify these suspects is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees