BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man says he was scammed by a fake employer on CareerBuilder.Com, and told a story to the Boca Raton Police Department that is worth sharing.
Police say that Salvatore Guasto put his resume on CareerBuilder.Com when he was trying to find a job. Earlier this month, he received a job offer from a London-based company named “Boat Parts.” Here was the catch: the company would send him checks in the mail that he would have to cash.
As a service fee, he could keep ten percent and then send the rest of the money back to the employer by Western Union.
The scam apparently raised a red flag somewhere down the line and Boca Raton police investigated Guasto. However, after reviewing the emails, police declined to file charges against him, saying that he was clearly the victim of someone else’s wrongdoing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested