BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 49-year-old Boynton Beach man was arrested after police say he repeatedly interrupted an Alcoholic's Anonymous meeting in Sandalfoot Plaza to offer members beer.
Michael Paul Belanger of Renaissance Commons Boulevard in Boynton allegedly attended the Pines Club AA meeting with a beer. He was ordered to leave but wouldn't, apparently offering to share his beer with other people at the meeting.
There were no reported takers.
Police arrived at the scene and again ordered Belanger to leave. This time, according to police, he did — but returned several minutes later to stand in front of the “Pines Club” where the meeting was taking place.
He was taken into custody and transported to the Palm Beach County Jail where he was booked on a trespass charge. He was later released on his own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs
- REMINDER: No School Friday In Palm Beach County School District
- GETTING SICKER: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Rising
- Child Attacked At School, Palm Beach County School Board Sued
- PROSECUTORS: Killed Palm Beach County Fire Captain Was Drug Dealer
- Boca Raton’s Richard Marcic Charged With Battery On Officer
- COVID PALM BEACH COUNTY: Hospital Count Rising
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach: Temps in 50s Coming
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Systems Appear To Be Moving Away From U.S. Mainland