BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Get ready for more rain. The National Weather Service says storms are again expected this afternoon. Expect another drive home through downpours and and standing water.
According to the NWS:
.FLOOD WATCH EAST COAST METRO AREAS UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING... ...A FEW STRONG STORMS POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON OVER SOUTH FLORIDA... THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA. .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT THUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP LATE THIS AFTERNOON OVER SOUTH FLORIDA. A FEW OF THE STORMS COULD BECOME STRONG WITH GUSTY WINDS AND HEAVY RAINFALL. WIND: THE STRONGEST STORMS TODAY COULD PRODUCE WIND GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH. FLOODING: HEAVY RAINFALL HAS OCCUR ED OVER THE EAST COAST METRO AREAS OF SOUTH FLORIDA DURING THE PAST TWO DAYS...AND ADDITIONAL RAINFALL TODAY COULD CAUSE ADDITIONAL FLOODING TO OCCUR. THEREFORE...A FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR THE EAST COAST METRO OF SOUTH FLORIDA UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING. MINOR FLOODING OF THE LOW LYING AND POORLY DRAINED LOCATIONS IS ALSO POSSIBLE FOR THE REST OF THE REGION. WAVES: SEAS UP TO 7 FEET WILL OCCUR OVER THE GULF STREAM EAST OF PALM BEACH COUNTY DUE TO MODERATE NORTHEAST SWELLS.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car