BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 38-year-old man whose death is just being reported by the Florida Department of Health, but who died on March 24th, is now the youngest person to die from COVID-19 related issues in Palm Beach County. The man, according of officials, traveled to Colombia before returning to Palm Beach County and becoming ill. The age of those dying in Palm Beach County is now 38 to 96. The most recent death reported by the health department is April 5th. The multi-day delay in death reporting continues.
The number of people officially infected with COVID-19 in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach and Delray Bach has risen again.
As of early Thursday morning, the Florida Department of Health reports 227 infected in Boca Raton, 173 in Boynton Beach and 169 in Delray Beach. All numbers from the Health Department officials are delayed, so it is almost a certainty that the numbers are higher, and possibly significantly higher.
The South Palm Beach County testing site at the South Palm Beach County Civic Center on Jog Road started testing on Tuesday — results are taking five days. Those numbers won’t be factored in until at least the weekend. That is the first — and only — official testing site in the Boca, Delray and Boynton area.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation