UPDATE: 2:06 p.m: The scene is clearing. The Boca Raton Police Department has rescinded the ‘stay inside’ advisory.
UPDATE: 1:34 p.m: See below.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BREAKING — The Boca Raton Police Department has issued a “stay inside” advisory as they investigate a suspicious incident in the area of 1500 SW 15th Street in Boca Raton.
The official advisory: “Police a vigil in the area of 1500 SW 15th Street. Officers investigating a suspicious incident. Avoid the area and stay inside.”
We are seeking additional details.
The address is east of I-95 between between W. Camino Real and SW 18th Street.
UPDATE: 1:34 p.m. from Officer Jessica Desir, spokesperson for the Boca Raton Police Department:
“Boca Raton Police are currently on scene along the 1500 block of SW 15th Street due to a report of a resident’s window breaking after being struck by unknown objects, possibly BB pellets. Our investigation is ongoing, and residents in the immediate area have been asked to stay in their homes until further.
This is a suspicious incident at this time.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days