BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District is preparing to expel two students from attending public school. A vote on each student’s fate is expected at the June 2nd School Board meeting.
According to documents reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, one of the students was charged with possession of a knife. It was not immediately clear if the student was convicted of the crime.
A second student was charged with possession of a firearm in an unrelated incident. Again, while it’s unclear if the charge has led to a conviction, the School Board is prepared to ban the suspect student from attending public school in the future.
The Palm Beach County School District has a zero tolerance policy for most weapons violations. As the students are minors, there is very little information available publicly about who the students are, where they attended school, which agency filed charges and the current disposition — if any — of those charges.
The presumption is that authorities believed the students were engaged — or planned to be engaged — in criminal activity. It is unlikely that a dinner knife accidentally falling into a backpack in someone’s kitchen would lead to criminal charges and expulsion.
The expulsion meeting is set for 2 p.m. on June 2nd. It is closed to the public.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident
- OUT: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday