BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District is preparing to expel two students from attending public school. A vote on each student’s fate is expected at the June 2nd School Board meeting.
According to documents reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, one of the students was charged with possession of a knife. It was not immediately clear if the student was convicted of the crime.
A second student was charged with possession of a firearm in an unrelated incident. Again, while it’s unclear if the charge has led to a conviction, the School Board is prepared to ban the suspect student from attending public school in the future.
The Palm Beach County School District has a zero tolerance policy for most weapons violations. As the students are minors, there is very little information available publicly about who the students are, where they attended school, which agency filed charges and the current disposition — if any — of those charges.
The presumption is that authorities believed the students were engaged — or planned to be engaged — in criminal activity. It is unlikely that a dinner knife accidentally falling into a backpack in someone’s kitchen would lead to criminal charges and expulsion.
The expulsion meeting is set for 2 p.m. on June 2nd. It is closed to the public.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles