BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District is preparing to expel two students from attending public school. A vote on each student’s fate is expected at the June 2nd School Board meeting.
According to documents reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, one of the students was charged with possession of a knife. It was not immediately clear if the student was convicted of the crime.
A second student was charged with possession of a firearm in an unrelated incident. Again, while it’s unclear if the charge has led to a conviction, the School Board is prepared to ban the suspect student from attending public school in the future.
The Palm Beach County School District has a zero tolerance policy for most weapons violations. As the students are minors, there is very little information available publicly about who the students are, where they attended school, which agency filed charges and the current disposition — if any — of those charges.
The presumption is that authorities believed the students were engaged — or planned to be engaged — in criminal activity. It is unlikely that a dinner knife accidentally falling into a backpack in someone’s kitchen would lead to criminal charges and expulsion.
The expulsion meeting is set for 2 p.m. on June 2nd. It is closed to the public.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AGAIN: Fort Lauderdale Airport Parking Garages Completely Full
- Boca Raton Woman Sues BMW, Says $80K Car Unfixable
- PUBLIX MURDERS: 911 CALLS RELEASED, LISTEN HERE
- Jewish Family Services Crafts New Road Map Following COVID Crisis
- This Is The Publix Murderer Who Killed Himself
- Delray Beach’s Alan Firestone Guilty Of Child Pornography Possession
- POLICE: Delray Man Gave Teen Girl Merlot, Beer While Driving Recklessly
- If You See Joseph Schoenberger, Call Boynton Beach Police
- Delray Police Take A Peek, Charge Him With DUI