BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District is preparing to expel two students from attending public school. A vote on each student’s fate is expected at the June 2nd School Board meeting.
According to documents reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, one of the students was charged with possession of a knife. It was not immediately clear if the student was convicted of the crime.
A second student was charged with possession of a firearm in an unrelated incident. Again, while it’s unclear if the charge has led to a conviction, the School Board is prepared to ban the suspect student from attending public school in the future.
The Palm Beach County School District has a zero tolerance policy for most weapons violations. As the students are minors, there is very little information available publicly about who the students are, where they attended school, which agency filed charges and the current disposition — if any — of those charges.
The presumption is that authorities believed the students were engaged — or planned to be engaged — in criminal activity. It is unlikely that a dinner knife accidentally falling into a backpack in someone’s kitchen would lead to criminal charges and expulsion.
The expulsion meeting is set for 2 p.m. on June 2nd. It is closed to the public.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots